2.2 Create an iSCSI Volume
Create a Volume on the Volume Gateway
- From the AWS Console, click Services, under Storage select Storage Gateway.
- Select Volumes.
- Click the Create volume button.
- If you have more than one Volume Gateway, be sure to select the correct gateway from the drop down. Enter the following parameters:
- Gateway: < your storage gateway name>
- Capacity: 200GB
- Volume contents: New empty volume
- iSCSI target name sgw1
- Click Create volume
- Next configure CHAP authentication with the following parameters:
- Initiator name: “Value from final step of module 1” e.g. iqn.1994-05.com.redhat:7665cb5fc61b
- Initiator secret: awsreinvent2020
- Target secret: awsreinforce2020
- Click Save and then close the window. You can ignore any warnings.
- On the left panel click Volumes and the volume should now be listed. Note the Host IP and Target name.