Deploy EC2 Initiator Instance resources
In this module you will use AWS CloudFormation to deploy the resources needed for the workshop in a single region.
The CloudFormation template will create the following resources:
- A public subnet with an internet gateway.
- The EC2 Initiator Instance with a no ingress security group.
- SSM Session Manager roles to connect to the EC2 Initiator Instance.
- A Security Group for the Volume Gateway with the following parameters:
- Ingress on (HTTP) port 80 from 0.0.0.0/0 to perform activation. In a real-world scenario this should be limited to the machine that will perform the activation.
- Ingress on (iSCSI) port 3260 from 10.0.0.0/16 assumed to be the public subnet range.