0.2 Topics covered
Topics covered in the workshop
In this workshop we will be looking at how to:
- Deploy an Volume Gateway on Amazon EC2 with iSCSI volumes.
- Attach the iSCSI volumes to an Amazon Linux EC2 Instance.
- Use Flexible IO Tester (FIO) to generate performance data on Volume Gateway.
- Take a snapshot of an iSCSI volume attached to the Volume Gateway.
- Mount the snapshot to an alternative Amazon Linux EC2 Instance and measure the throughput.
Note: we will be using the Amazon EC2 service to host both the initiator (EC2 Initiator Instance) and the target (Volume Gateway) in this workshop. Saves you having to find a data centre.
In our workshop the initiator will be labelled throughout as the EC2 Initiator Instance. The target will be the Volume Gateway.